Freitag, 3. März 2017

R.E.M. Drive

Long time I was uncertain what this hauting song is about. Then I read this:

I'm not sure what the intention of this song was, but do know that when it came out I was into crack cocaine pretty heavy, and to me this whole song was talking about. Hell I even stole the tape so could listen to it more.
I credit this song (right or wrong) for making me realize what an idiot I was.

If really read into it, can see where I'm coming from. Rock Around the Clock isn't just a happy days theme, its about a 3 day crack binge. Shake a leg, is the withdraw,

What if you rock around the clock
Tick-tock, tick-tock.
What if you did? What if you walk
What if you tried to get off, baby

Means, what if you do survive the binge, only a matter of time before it kills you.

Smack, crack. Shack-a-lack
Tie another one to your back

is about coke and heroin speedballing and tying another monkey to your back.

I dunno, but quit crack cold turkey soon after that, So intentional or not, I gotta hand it to him, he saved my life. Sorry I stole your cassette. 


(Link)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen